Sunday, April 10, 2005

Symbiosis

Well things are going slowly on the ORT at the moment as I have been distracted by a number of things... One of which is a score by a chap called M.Pointon that was printed in an electronics magazine called Practical Electronics. It is not often that you get a music score in an electronics magazine! This work was in the June and July edition from 1975. It was written to be performed on a synthesizer called the Minisonic, which really is a pretty apalling bit of kit but I suppose at the time was interesting. I have had the article squirreled away for an awfully long time. I bought the magaines, from which it came, sometime in the early eighties. I think from the Save the Children Fund book sale at the University of Western Australia. I have scanned it in and made it into a pdf file which when I find enough space on the net somewhere I will put it so you can all see it. In the meantime I have been having some fun trying to recreate the piece on some software tools that I found on the net. It is quite interesting when you realize some of the problems that exisited trying to record a fairly simple score on equipment in an amateur situation about 30 years ago. If I finsh it I will post an MP3 or OGG of the result for your listening pleasure. It almost certainly isn't going to be easy listening... I can tell that already!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home